Saturday, January 2, 2010

Every part is edible...Really? I mean Really?

Day 2     01-02-10

So 2010 has been very relaxing so  far.

Translation:  I have been lazy for the past two days. 

I have actually been on vacation from work since Christmas Eve and dreading going back on Monday.  I am sure my email will be way out of control at work and I will spend all next week doing nothing but sorting through it all. But let's not talk about work...no need to even think about it until 8:00 a.m. Monday morning.

During my two day Laz-a-thon, I have watched alot of Food network,  done some cookbook reading, and a lot of food "research" on the internet.  Earlier today I came across something that i have never heard of before...pickled pig lips. PICKLED PIG LIPS?...what in the ?...  I mean really...the first person to try that must have lost a bet or something. Pig lips...say it!...Pig lips....it just doesn't even sound right. As a chef, i am willing to eat anything at least once, but pig lips?  Do they only come pickled?  I mean am i going to walk into a BBQ restaurant some day soon and be able to order Barbequed Pork lips...i think not!!! Now that i think of it, do pigs even have lips?

Ok...cutting it short today...More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment