Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Side Affects....

Day 5  01-05-10

Have you ever listened to the possible side affects you can have from the medicines being advertised on TV? I mean really.... a prescription medicine for a simple headache...but the side affects are nausea, diarhea, vomiting, abdominal pain....personally, I would rather suffer through the headache.  My favorite ones are for the sleep aid medicines.  These medicines are to help you fall asleep, yet the first side affect listed is...may cause drowsiness.  What the...? Isn't that the point?!?!?

That is like the the warning on coffee cups at fast food restaurants now...  the one that says "Contents of this container may be hot".  Well no crap...i ordered hot coffee, didn't I?

Or the warnings on plastic bags that say "Do not place over head".  Why the hell would I ever need to anyway?



Time for today's edition of ...

"What's in the community refrigerator at work?"

Today's mouthwatering morsel is:  lunch meat. Today I witnessed a plastic baggie of lunch meat in the little container in the door usually reserved for ketchup, mustard, and soy sauce packets.  I am still not sure exactly what type of lunch meat it was, as it was not normal "meat" color.  It was more of a coffee stain amber color...which leads me to believe it was once some form of poultry.

I do not include this feature on this blog to gross you out...but more so you can hopefully help me understand people.  Why can't these people in my work place  learn to throw away their rotten food.  It really scares me to think of what the fridge in their homes is like...  and to think I have eaten food at work potlucks made by some of these same people!!

Until next time... Keep smiling and keep blogging.

2 comments:

  1. The side affects is because we live in the amazing country of America where the motto seems to be "Sue until you're rich". Therefore, all companies have to undergo GREAT amounts of CYA techniques to keep from going broke.

    Hey - I love your blog, do you mind if I just mention it in my blog to tell people about how awesome it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luna,

    Do I mind? I would be honored for you to mention it in your blog. By the way ...I read and thoroughly enjoy yours every time you update as well... Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete