Sunday, January 3, 2010

Crunchy rubberbands....and PB and J.

Day 3   01-03-10

Back at my home away from home...Starbucks.  However, I am currently sitting in a different location than my normal Starbucks.  Not sure why...just wanted some different scenery today.  Funny how different the two places can be.  The clientele is really different, even though the places are literally less than a mile and half apart.  Even the stabucks staff...excuse me, Baristas.... act different. The crew here is like watching 14 year olds on a playground.  Arguing, fighting, ignoring the patrons in line.  And this one guy, has done nothing but rant and rave about having to be at work since i walked in the door.  Every other word out of his mouth is a cuss word, and he is not even trying to be quiet about it.  Normally this wouldn't bother me, as I have been known to let a few choice words flow from time to time myself.  But when you work in retail, that kind of talk should be saved for the breakroom or stockroom.  Back to my normal Starbucks and the excellent staff there from now on!!

Ok I will get of my soapbox now.

Another lazy day today. Watched some football, food network, the usual. Oh, and if you read my last post ...here is what i was talking about:






Come to find out, the most poular way to eat this so called ...treat.... is to take a small bag of potato chips and crush them. Drop a pig lip in the bag and shake it all up, in order to coat the pig lip in crunchy potato chip crumbs and then munch away.  The mere thought of it conjurs up thoughts of trying to eat a crunchy rubber band...and why you would want to ruin a perfectly good bag of potato chips is beyond me, but to each his own!

Personally, if you feel you need to eat potato chips in any other way than by themselves, then there is only one possible way... as a source of texture on a PB and J sandwich.  I know, I know.... this delectible concoction is supposedly reserved for kids between the ages of 4 and 12, but when is the last time you have tried it? For me, about 3 days ago.  The saltiness of the chips with the sweetness of the PB and J...along with the crunchy texture aspect.... what is there not ot like...seriously.  Even from a culinary chef point of view, the contrasts needed for a great dish are all there.

Back to work tomorrow.  This registers on my excitement meter about as much as pig lips. I am sure i will have some very amusing "stories from the office" to write about... so please keep reading.... and suscribe to follow...i promise i don't bite!!

                                              




2 comments:

  1. Hmmm.. I don't know about potato chips on a PB&J - but I am a fan of them on a turkey sandwich just to add some crunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried chips on a PB&J. I must try it sometime! I love your blog! Keep it up!

    --
    Nick B.

    ReplyDelete