Monday, January 4, 2010

Black Ears...Bootylicious...and Gray Shrimp

Day 4  01-04-10


Started back to work today after my week or so vacation...and surprisingly, it wasn't too bad. My email was not overflowing as expected, and no one sabotaged my desk.  Desk sabotaging is a favorite pastime in my office. Whether it be simple hiding of your stapler and other desk paraphanalia or more harsh things like putting copy toner on your phone to cause your ear to turn black...you can usually count on something upon your return to the office.  But, to my knowledge, nothing was disturbed at my desk.  However, maybe the sheer paranoia of expecting something all day was the real trick....hmmmm.

So what is it with the cell phone ringtones these days?  I know alot of people are using real songs for their ringtone nowadays, and that is cool, I guess.  I mean, I myself do not think i will be changing my ringtone to anything with the word bootylicious, or the phrase 'My humps' being blasted for everyone to hear...but if other people do, i guess that is their perrogative.  However, the ringtones that do make me cringe are the ones where you can record your own voice and set it as your ringtone.  There are several in my office and they go off constantly.  One of them is this lady's child saying "I love you Mommy"...cute the first time...amazingly annoying every other time.  And she doesn't just pick it up...she has to let it ring like 3 times first... saying " isn't that sweet?" I want to tell her No..it isn't sweet, it is excruciatingly painful to my ears.  Another guy has his set with what i assume is his own voice, saying "Pick up the damn phone"... this is just plain ignorant to me. Wasn't even funny the first time.  And last but not least, the guy across from me has now set his phone with his own voice saying "Ring, ring....Ring, ring".  He and I are good friends, so I told him that he needed to put it on vibrate before I went nuts.  So the next time his phone rang, it was his voice saying "Vibrate, vibrate...Vibrate, vibrate."  Ok...so i had to laugh at that one.  Point is...whatever happened to just a normal ring tone...boring maybe...but still very effective, right?

Ok..Starting a new daily feature (well monday through friday, anyway) on this blog called: "what's in the community refrigerator at work?"  it never ceases to amaze me the crap that some people will eat.  I mean it is not like i am inspecting everyone's tupperware or anything, but sometimes you open that fridge and you can either see or smell (or both) some things that i truly have to wonder if they are fit for human consumption. Todays delicacy was some sort of Ramen noodle concoction with what i think was shrimp and green peas.  The shrimp however were gray and sort of mushy looking and the peas weren't much better... i was introduced to this work of culinary art by the wonderfully foul aroma it gave off.  I guess i will know who it belonged to just by seeing who does not show up for work tomorrow due to food poisoning.

Well, off to bed.  Keep smiling and keep blogging!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, saw you in the coffee shop forum and dropped by. You've made a nice start here. Cool observational style. Looking forward to watching your progress.
    I blog about my disastrous dates/sexual embarrassments/pursuit of my hairdresser - check it out: http://plentymorefishoutofwater.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree that the whole ringtone thing can get annoying, especially in a crowded office. Like the "vibrate" one though... original to say the least!

    TWolf

    "Galloping Insanity" - http://twolf2u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My phone rings...

    You know..."Brrrrrrrring!"

    Oh, and all it does is send and receive...yes, you guessed it...CALLS!

    It doesn't fly!
    It doesn't have stewardesses!
    I can't order a pizza from it unless I know the phone number to call!

    It's just a phone that rings...you know...Brrrring!!!(tee hee)

    Cordially, (If Not Entirely Sober!)
    MsBurb

    Honorary Blogger Help Forum Coffee Shop Hostess-In-Chief &
    High Chief Mucky Muck of

    Burb's Buck & Buntline Inn (B3) http://burbsbuckandbuntlineinn.blogspot.com/

    2nd Official Tate-LaBianca Murders Blog (TLB2) http://2ndofficialtate-labiancamurdersblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol..I love it...Vibrate Vibrate Vibrate Vibrate...perfect ...

    Good Post :)

    ReplyDelete