Friday, January 8, 2010

1st week's thoughts.... old people food... and French Toast in the snow?

Day 7 01-07-10

One week ago I sat out for this little venture into blogging. So far it has been a blast. I have had some rollercoaster thoughts about the blogging process over the past week. Day one and two were fun and exciting. Then day three I became stressed and obsessed over it…thinking I HAD to get more followers and readers… I thought I was going to end up on the show “Intervention” before day four arrived. Then suddenly it hit me… Even if I have only one follower/reader that enjoys my blog… then isn’t that all that really matters? I mean, if I can even for a brief minute put a small hint of a smile on someone’s face ( a stranger for that matter)…then can’t I consider my blog worth the effort each day? I think so…

So reader(s) beware… I am sticking around this blogging thing for a while! And a special thanks to Luna over at Luna’s Gonna Lose It for the shout out in her blog post today. If you haven’t been to her blog yet… you should click here to do so!!

Today’s edition of “What’s in the community refrigerator at work”…
Since the fridges were cleaned out yesterday, and a lot of people stayed home because of the snow, there was not much available to inspect. There were some green peas with pearl onions…not very interesting, but certainly not my idea of a great lunch. There was some carrot and raisin salad… boring. Some cabbage slaw with two hot dogs on a slice of wheat bread. It was kind of like looking in the refrigerator at a nursing home… minus the ambrosia salad.
Speaking of the snow… We actually had people out from work today because of it. Really? It was not even a full inch of snow. But I guess that is the South for ya….. The first hint of snow and southerners freak out. They actually showed people on the news last night at the grocery store buying a bunch of food and crap. Now, I understand, back in ’94 we had this massive ice storm that knocked the power out for nearly three quarters of the entire city…but is such panic really necessary? And besides…the news said people were buying milk and eggs and bread. Now let’s analyze this…I see at least two things wrong already…

1. Based on the three ingredients being bought, is everyone in the city going to suddenly have the urge to make French toast just because it snowed?

2. Should the power go out for an extended period of time…the first two things to go bad would be the milk and eggs…so let’s be sure to stock up on those two items… Sheesh, really?

3. Should the power go out for an extended period of time… how in the heck are you going to be able to turn your now spoiled eggs and milk and bread into French toast?

I say…buy a jar of Pig Lips and a bag of potato chips and be done with all !!!! (this makes more sense if you have read my previous posts...so go read them...now...go on...go!!)

Keep Smiling and Keep Blogging !

1 comment:

  1. Once again - I spent last week shovelling over a foot of snow SO I think you're all nuts! I follow another blog that is in the south and she literally had pictures of the barren store shelves where milk and bread were supposed to be... ridiculous. I say stock up on Twinkies! If the world comes to an end - they're the only thing that will survive! (Just kidding.. I haven't had one of those in over 10 years - they're nasty)

    And you know what I don't get - a hot dog on bread. I know a bun is TECHNICALLY just bread, but to me it seems REALLY different. And gross...

    ReplyDelete